Wednesday 21 January 2009

Some More Avatar Goodness: Face Your Manga and Simpsons Avatar Maker

As you probably can guess from the title of this blog, I got my hands on two pretty neat avatar creating websites. I found them whilst looking for an online game that I knew, I somehow ended up finding them after looking for the game, but I can't remember how now XD. Anyways, I explored these two sites, and to my delight, I was able to create some fairly decent new avatars, but only 2D still ones I'm afraid.
As you can see on the left, these are the results of some quick experimentation on the two websites I looked at. The one on the far left is from a website called "Face Your Manga" and as the name suggests, it allows you to create manga style avatars of yourself. Like I did with Twinity, I decided to create an avatar that is a digital representation of my ideal appearance as well as my personality. Upon experimentation with the fairly decent amount of options available, I created that beauty of an avatar you see up there. Even though it is meant to be a digital representation of me, I can't help but get the feeling it bears a very similar resemblance to the main antagonist of a video game series that I love a lot, and also produce my own spoofs of...

See what I mean? This is Phoenix Wright, the main hero from the game series of the same name. With some slight adjustments here and there, I could end up with a avatar bearing an extreme resemlance to the pointy haired antagonist on the left! In fact, I'm going to do that right now!




-Couple minutes later...-

TAAA DAAAA! Here is my avatar based rendition of Phoenix Wright!^^ I'm quite chuffed with the results actually, it does look a fair bit like him to be honest :P. Here is the link to the website by the way:
Face Your Manga



Anyways moving on, the second website I used was the "Simpsons Avatar Creator" on the official website for "The Simpsons Movie". The link to it is:
Simpsons Movie Site Avatar Maker

On the website as the name suggests, you can create an avatar of yourself as a Simpsons character! On the left here, I have the Simpsons equivalents of myself and one of my friends. To think of it, the avatar for me on the left looks quite familiar, but I don't know why...The avtar maker is pretty good though, unlike the other site which charges you (well its only £1.30ish I suppose) for extra services for your avatar, this one has similar features for it at no extra cost. The previous site does let you save your avatar to your computer though for free which is good, but on this one, you can print it out, make it into DVD box art and embed it with animation into a blog or Myspace profile or whatever as I'll try to show below.


And that's it from me really, you can feel free to check out the websites though and let me know what you think of them as well as showing me what characters you end up developing :P. Peace out, Krazy Kakashi.

No comments: