Tuesday 27 January 2009

Identities: A Photo Based Summary of Me


After seeing Tebby's blog, and what he did, I decided to try for myself what he did. I've taken a photo of a lot of items that I believe can summarise who I am pretty well and reflect my personality as a Multimedia practitioner.

1. This is a giant white tiger plushie I won during a raffle at a Diwali festival at my local temple, and it's one of my most prized possessions. I love animals like white tigers, huskies, foxes, wolves and so on thus you can probably get an idea of how much I'm attached to this.

2. This is a collection of games and DVDs I took out which I believed could summarise my personality due to what genres they are. I do like a fair few action films as you can see, but I do prefer comedy films the most, particularly spoof ones such as Kung Fu Hustle, Kung Pow and Shaolin Soccer. There are also a couple of Tim Burton films there, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Corpse Bride. I am a fan of of his work, and I finally got to see what inspired him to create his style, after seeing the film; "The Cabinet of Dr Caligari". There are also some "Point-and-Click" PC Games there which I am a keen fan of, I particularly enjoy playing the ones shown, due to their brilliant, unrivalled humour.

3. This is the official manga series of the "Legend of Zelda" game series, which I'm a massive fan of, and hence decided to try reading the manga for it, as I'm extremely keen on reading manga and watching anime. I love the uniqueness of the games, I started playing from "Ocarina of Time" on the Nintendo 64 and fell in love with the series from there.

4. Over here, we have a doll made for me as a Christmas present back in 2007, by my best friend. This is another treasured possession of mine, as my friend spent a week making this, in order to replicate the look I had at the time. I treat it as a mini version of myself anyways, and it's a good way fo symbolising my personality.

5. This is a Christmas card I received in 2008 from the same friend, and I chose to show this because of the Japanese design of it. As I've mentioned in previous blogs, I'm very keen on Japanese anime/manga, music, culture, history and so on, hence this card was a nice gift for me.

6. This shirt is one of the many Wolf shirts I own, as I said earlier, I love animals particularly the canine family such as dogs, wolves, foxes and coyotes. I love Native American shirts and jewellery, so when I discovered them on eBay, I was in paradise! To be honest, this is something that I cannot be described without mentioning, I am fairly keen on Native American culture too.

7. And over here, we have one of the most important items to describe me, Phoenix Wright. Anyone who follows my blogs or work on Youtube, will know about my tribute to the Phoenix Wrong spoof series and this is the official manga of the game series anyways. I'm extremely passionate about the Phoenix Wright games, hence why I went onto making my Phoenix Wrong spoofs, and also one of the reasons why I chose to become an animation artist for the games industry now.

8. I think it's safe to say I'm a fan of Chuck Norris here XD. Just like Mr T, I have a lot of respect and admiration for him (believe it or not). I love making Chuck Norris and Mr T related jokes, and hence I link this to my life long passion for comedy. I've alwasy been passionate about comedy, and making people laugh with what I do whether intentional or not, has always been a life long priority for me. If you miss out my passion for comedy, you practically removing my entire personality away from me as at least almost everything I am and do, is related to comedy in one way or another! I'm also very keen on martial arts, both practising it and watching it, which can also link me back to the Kung Fu films from earlier. I've only ever done Karate for one year-ish, but I'm keen on learning Tai Chi after picking up a book on it.

9 and 10. Over here, we have another manga volume and an anime dvd. Manga and anime have a very important role in my life now, and I always feel that I can connect with and thus relate to the characters in them, especially since of them have gone through similar experiences to me. I love their sheer randomness, hilarity and their uniqueness, which are all very important factors in describing who I am! Being as unique as possible, without following the crowd whenever possible, being who I am and as funny as I can be for others are extremely important objectives for me. The manga volume shown is I swear one of the most random anime/manga series ever, if not the most! It has no real plot most of the time, the characters are literally everything and anything, and that principle also applies to what will happen next. You really cannot predict what this anime/manga series will throw at you, it's pratically the embodiment of randomness!

11. Yes...it's hair gel. Since I had my hair restyled, having "funky", "wild" and "crazy" hair is a non-negotiable decision for me, which is partially influence by my love for anime and manga. I'm not me, if I don't have a ridiculous hairstyle involving spikes in it, and colour too preferably.

12. Ah my MP3 player, this is my equivalent of Oxygen! Not the MP3 player itself, but music. I definitely could never live happy in a world without music in it. Music is as important to me as Oxygen is, and as you've probably guessed, I'm extremely passionate about it too! My music taste is very wide ranged now, due to experimenting with several genres over the years and having an open mind. I use music to help me get through life anyways, from helping me to revise, to lifting my spirits when I'm depressed or stressed.

13. Seeing as I've already made my point clear about loving almost everything Japanese, I shouldn't need to explain this, except for that it is the textbook we use for my Japanese course at NTU which I study alongisde Multimedia as a supplementary course.

14. This is my Nintendo DS Lite, which I have redecorated using some free Zelda stickers I received from a games magazine. Games are extremely important in my life too, they are also like Oxygen to me (Wow, I have so much that I can't live with, by the looks of it! XD), I only really got into them when I moved to the United Kingdom, as I was a sporty person before I came here (yeah, you better believe it!). My ideal career that I'm aiming for no matter what now, is to become an animation artist for a games company, hence games are important for my career too now.

15. I'm very keen on drawing actually, I can draw a lot of existing manga/anime characters fairly well, although my skills do need a lot of refinement. My feelings about drawings do vary a lot like a stormy sea, but I would love to be able to draw professionally, even though I do not want to become a character designer anymore (which was the reason I took Multimedia before I started the course!). I'm so busy with university work as well other things going on in my life, it's very difficult for me to squeeze time in to do drawings, hence I cannot make a regular commitment to it which I need in order to continually improve my skills further.

16. Finally, we come to the rabbit mousemat (yeah, go ahead...laugh), but I do love rabbits a lot, and I used to own 2 of them back in Kenya, but unfortunately I lost one of them on the same day that I got them, due to one of my stupid dogs and it just happened to be my 7th birthday too... But yeah anyways, as you may have noticed, it says Krazy Kakashi on the mousemat, which is my new nickname for myself, one that I am very attached to. Its is the nickname I used for my Phoenix Wrong series, and I've had people saying to me what an awesome name it is! XD

Here is my logo for my work anyways, which will appear in my portfolio for this module too:

Actually, there is one more thing that I could mention, that would summarise me well...I forgot to include it in the picture >_<. I own this reprint poster of an original painting of an African Masaii sitting underneath a tree in the Savannah. I was born in Kenya in Africa, and lived there for 8 years before moving here, hence Africa has had it's important role in my life.



No comments: