Thursday 29 January 2009

Identities: My 3D Avatar Diary (IMVU) - Day 2

As soon as I logged into IMVU today, I received a note saying that I had two friend requests from other users pending, which after accepting them, takes my friends total to 11 now, which is a not bad start at all :P
.
Sorry for the small screenshot, I keep forgetting to mention this, but as you may have noticed in my blogs, some screenshots get cropped out on the right hand sidefor some odd reason as part of their size, hence I can onlymake them so big. You should be able to click the pictures to make them bigger, I can at the moment so it should work.

You most likely will have noticed that my appearance has changed a fair bit here, but I will explain that later on anyways. Before I talk about my change in appearances, I would like to show you the changes I've made to my apartment so far and just generally give a tour of it, as I haven' t done that yet. Anyhoo, starting with the living room, I've took out 2 of the armchairs there as well as the table and replace them with a japanese bushido table as you can see below.

Moving on, I took out some bean bag chairs from the TV room/front room area and replaced them with a "Love Couch" for a laugh XD. Like the busido table, it was another purchase from the IMVU store anyways. Despite the name and the awkwardness of it's intended purpose (before you ask, it has some erotic/romantic poses for your characters to do whilst sitting on it, no "hurrah!" is involved thank god), I do like the colour scheme of it a lot believe it or not, especially since it matches the other look for my character.

In the outside area, I haven't done any customising yet, but at the moment as you can see below, you got a pool with inflatable chairs, some deckchairs and tables and some pretty nice plants too.

I love the outside area of my apartment to be honest, the inclusiion of the huge pool and the plants was a nice idea, especially since it reminds me of a my holiday home back in Mombasa in Kenya, Africa. I'm going to show and explain to you about my character's new appearance anyways.
As you have already seen, and can see in the screenshot above, I've been busy customising my character's appearance with some very pleasing, excellent and surpising results! The look you see above and the look I'm about to show, are the EXACT ways I absolutely love to look! Maybe with very slight changes here and there, but to be honest, these digital recreations are definitely the closest you will get to seeing who I am on the inside, and the person I'd love to be.
And in this above screenshot, you can see the other look I created for myself, which the one I prefer personally. Although to think of it, I think the first one reflects the more innocent, optimistic and crazy side of me, where as this look represents the darker, more serious side to me that your very seldom see, unless you happen to get on the wrong side of me fairly often XD.

I was absolutely amazed after making these, I'd never imagined that I'd be able to create such accurate reprensations of who I truly want to be in an online game or whatever, this is definitely a fantastic achievement for me. I'm sure the reason for this though is in the IMVU store, users can submit their own clothes, pets, furniture, rooms etc to be sold to other users via the credits system, and I think it's safe to say there are plenty of awesome, highly skilled anime fans on there! Any anime fans may recognise parts of my outfit actually, especially if you like Naruto or Bleach. Parts of outfit are actual digital recreations of the respective parts of certain characters from Naruto and Bleach. The characters who I have "borrowed" my look from are Hatake Kakashi from Naruto, Ichigo Kurosaki (In his "Bankai"state), and Zaraki Kenpachi from Bleach.



I think you can see how each character has influenced my 2 different looks anyways, but the whole outfits weren't just made up of their clothes and such, I chose some regular clothes as well, which so happen to match my tastes very well :P.
Oh yeah before I forget, I wanted to show off something neat I found in the IMVU store anyways. All I can say about it is..."Kamehameeeee haaaa!" Or even..."I'm A Firin Mah Lazor!"
For any Naruto fans out there, you can also get the Oodama and regular Rasengan to pull off during converastions for a laugh, and I'm pretty sure you can get Itachi's Giant Katon attack and Chidori/Lightning Blade too.

I wanted to show off all the pets I have by the way, so here they are XD. The little kawaii orange blob is a chibi style fox anyways. I do have other pets like a wolf, dophin and panda too, but they are classed as furniture due to that they wander round the rooms themselves and can be interacted with seperately.

I forgot to show off the rest of my apartment earlier somehow, so here is a couple of screenshots of what I missed out. You can see the dining room over there, and the kitchen area to my character's right anyways.
This room here, is my bedroom anyways. I added a picture on the wall on the left, but I haven't customised this room either to be honest. Just I was finishing my tour anyways, one of my good friends popped online after getting my invite to join IMVU. She used to be on IMVU till sometime last year, but she quit using it until now, so I decided to chat to her on here rather than MSN Messenger for a change XD.

Her avatar does resemble her fairly well, which is just more proof that IMVU is definitely the game/messenger/thingy to go for if you want the most accurate recreation of your ideal self :P.
Unfortunately, she had loads of work to do being in uni like me, so we had to cut our conversation short for now, but it definitely was more cooler talking on her rather than MSN, the added interactivity and visuals helps to make things a fair it more interesting than just a standard text based chat.

For my next entry anyways, I'll try to give a tour of all the rooms I've bought neways, so you can see what I wasted my points on XD.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

?
an imvu blog....
I'd be lying if I said that was a first....
wowwie.
stuffs.