Friday 9 January 2009

Identities: My 3D Avatar Diary (Twinity) - Day 4

With my 4th day with Twinity, I have to say it was my best experience on it so far, which I will explain why in a minute. As soon as I logged in today, I was alerted that I had received a message from someone called Lars who turned out to be one of the staff of Twinity. Lars had contacted me to tell me he had read my blog on Day 3 of Twinity and he offered to take me to see the tree as it turns out it was still there! This was a very pleasant and unexpected surprise, especially as I felt I had come across very angsty in the blog, which was a conseqeuence of all the personal problems I'm having at the moment. I actually panicked a little, but upon conversation with Lars, it turned out he actually liked my blog a lot mainly because it was so objectionable.

As you can see in the screenshot above, I'm in the midst of my conversation with Lars but this was later on after my computer crashed. Before I logged back on and took this screenshot, I was shown the route to the christmas tree, which really embrassingly was accesible via using the sign BEHIND me to teleport there...yep -_-' Somehow, I managed to miss that... But anyways, the christmas tree was an amazing sight to see, it literally was gigantic as depicted in the advertisements for it, and Lars told me the tree itself stands at around 50 feet tall! The sight of the tree was definitely worth the effort and journey to reach, that was my highlight of today's adventure. Lars gave me a quick description of the area, including the German market stalls (just like the ones in Market Square in Nottingham at the moment!^^) and the British Embassy. Unfortunately though, whilst Lars was giving me a talk about the area, my game suddenly crashed without warning on me and I was forced to restart my computer, thus losing all the screenshots that I had built up in my image editor , which was extremely frustrating.


I really appreciate the time and effort Lars went into to help me out today though as well as his patience with dealing with me as well, and I would just like to say a big thanks to him and I would recommend seeking him out if you have any troubles in the game yourselves.


After logging back in and talking to Lars again, I went off back to Brandenburg Tor to see if I could retake my screenshots of the area including the tree, but unfortunately I think something went wrong then. When I arrived there, the tree was now a silhouette instead which was an odd sight, I'm not sure if it was due to the sun setting at the time or the rendering of the tree messing up. Hence due to that, I'm going back to area on my next visit which will be very soon and make sure I do get some screenshots of the tree as I would love to show it off ...I mean let everyone see how awesome the tree is. I took a quick screenshot of the stalls though, which can be viewed below:

I will include more screenshots of the area with my next visit definitely, but for now I'm done with today's session and I'll see you after my next visit to Twinity!






No comments: