Saturday 24 January 2009

Identities: My 3D Avatar Diary (Twinity) - Day 6

In today's session, I thought of exploring the Welcome Area in the game as I mentioned I would in the previous diary entry. As you can see in the screenshot above, this is the outdoors part of the Welcome Area anyways. What caught my attention here, was the appearance of James Bond in a billboard in front of me there, as well as the Britfilm 2008. Since the little blue squares are present, it is evident that you can click on them to go somewhere, but I haven't tried it yet, although it is a possibility for the future. I decided to go into the large building nearby instead and explore what is inside it anyways.
The inside of the building was a fairly impressive sight actually, as you can see in the screenshot above, there is a pond in the middle of the room on the ground floor with a tree in it as well. I really liked this touch actually, as I am fan of landscape scenery and all that. The fact that there were also little streams flowing around the room was a pretty cool touch, and the abundance of lily pads everywhere just added to the beauty of the room.


After having a walk around on the ground floor, I decided to have look at the upper floor too and found out something quite amusing.
You may have already noticed it in the screenshot above, but I'll say what it was in a second. I sat down at a chair neways, and I randomly just right click on everything around me to see how I could interact with them...only to find the report abuse option that normally is used for reporting abuse related to other users, was available for inanimate objects too! It was tempting to try and report abuse on the plants, but I just wondered if the support staff would really see the funny side of it XD.

Anyways at that point, I remembered I was supposed to visit the real estate office to try and get my own place as I said I would in the past, hence that became my next destination. The real estate office had to be accessed via the website for Twinity, and I soon discovered that getting my own place might be an idea worth reconsidering to be honest. You can buy apartments for an astonishingly low price, but you have to upgrade your membership to premium first though. I'm not too keen on upgrading to be honest, as I only go on this game every now and then, I'm not a serious user of it, hence paying to use it would most likely end up with money being spent for next to no reason to be honest. You can rent apartments though, but then again like I thought, Im not a serious user on this game, so it wouldn't be worth it really, as I would need to keep earning Globals (the game's currency) through doing odd jobs or replenshing the total myself, which are normally things a more regular player would do, rather than such as casual one.
There is another reason for me not wanting my own place here too, there are 2 other online games I want to look at, which are World of Warcraft and IMVU (well its more of just a massive, online 3D chat messenging program but it seems like a game). My attention will be divided between these 3 games as a result, so I cannot undergo hobbies and and such in one game that will require a lot of time and attention, as I will be playing through 3 different games at once, and I know WoW is an absolute social life destroyer, so I'm am not completely sure I will go for it to be honest.
Sorry for the sudden change of plans, I'll have a look what else I can do in Twinity anyways, especially exploring all the major locations and landmarks for a start. I may reconsider getting my own place in the future, but for now, I'm not so sure it is a good idea.

No comments: