Tuesday 27 January 2009

Identities: My 3D Avatar Diary (IMVU) - Day 1

In one of my recent blogs, I talked about deciding to play 2 other online games and possibly do diaries for them documenting my character's experiences in them, like I'm doing for Twinity. I've had a look at IMVU so far, and I will now show you what my 1st session was like on it anyways. I've known about IMVU for years, but it never really appealed to me, but upon sudden realisation that it was all about 3D character based messaging and such, I decided to finally give it a go and see what it was like.

After I signed up to IMVU, I soon received a variety of messages from IMVU, but some of them were quite helpful for me, as some of them came bearing free gifts like a top and a baby green dragon pet, which was a nice surprise :P As you can see in the screenshot below, that is my inbox on my profile with one of my free gifts there too.

In this screenshot below, this is what my homepage looks like on IMVU, with my main window present which is similar to the window MSN Messenger has when you load it up. Since I've just signed up recently, my profile is still quite bare at the moment, and I will give it a make over in my next session.

When you start the game, you have to choose a basic, premade avatar to use, the one I chose can be seen in the screenshot above. I noticed the character seemed to resemble one of the main characters, from an extremely popular anime show that I am watching...

It's the character called Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden anyways.

Moving on, I loaded up my room for the first time, only to receive a visitor immediately! I just sat down on one of the armchairs, when suddenly, a girl literally just appeared on the left armrest.

Even though I was quite suprised by her sudden appearance, I immediately started chatting with her and the conversation actually went quite well, which was a great start for me. Whilst I was exploring the available premade animations you could try, my new friend Clare decided to teleport me to a very girliesh room and also show me how "cheesy" some of the animations were lol. As you can see in the screenshot below, whilst I was commenting on the air guitar one she showed me, she caught me off guard by giving my character a friendly kiss (it was a pleasant surprise though) XD.

As we continued our very interesting, fun (and pretty funny too) conversation, she teleported our characters into a new area, which had quite a romantic feel to be honest.
The area was the rooftop of a tall building at night within a city, but I felt it had a romantic style vibe to it, maybe I've been watching too many superhero movies, particularly Batman? XD So far, I was actually enjoying my time on IMVU, which was mostly due to Clare's company but also due to that it's quite a different experience creating a character and watching it interact with other people's characters, whilst you are chatting to the users themselves. I've always been used to chatting over instant messaging rather than in games, so this was a refreshing change for me.

Whilst we were chatting away, Clare decided to show me some more of the outfits she has for her character, she actually had some pretty awesome outfits to be honest, which meant if the girl's avatar's clothes are this good, then surely the boy's avatar's clothing range must be awesome too.

After chatting for in this area for a while, and sampling the delights of her new outfits (XD), Clare took us to a Ferris Wheel ride next, which to me is definitely a romantic location too :P.

As you can see in the above screenshots, I received a display of more of her outfits, getting skimpier each time (but I didnt mind) XD. Our conversation came to an end here anyways as I had to go, but I have to say, I've never enjoyed talking to someone in my life before, online and offline! Meeting Clare a been a real highligh in my life for me, and after our serious, down to earth and heart to heart conversation, I'm pretty damn sure she will definitely make an excellent and treasured friend for me or more! She's a big fan of parodies, which is a huge bonus for me, and she lives in Wales so meeting up in the future is a good possibility. To be honest, if I hadn't bothered to sign up to IMVU particularly at the time I did, I most likely would never have met her and thus probbaly never experience a conversation and friendship as enjoyable as this one! It's funny how life works isn't it? But from the way I'm talking anyways, I think you've probably realised that IMVU is a real winner for me, and I definitely will be sticking it for for social and personal reasons as well as to continue my avatar diary work in it.

No comments: