Monday 2 February 2009

Identities: My 3D Avatar Diary (Twinity) - Day 7

For my 7th day on Twinity, I got invited to a party by Lars, which was being held on the rooftop of a cinema in Berlin city. The party was to celebrate the release of the film "Spirit" (Which I wanna see badly!), and as you might have guessed, it has a fancy dress theme of specials masks, inspired by the release of the film.



I decided to teleport to Berlin city centre a few minutes before the party to give me time to find the cinema, until a genius idea hit me...Twinity has a feature to teleport to any of your friend's locations, so I immediately decided to teleport to where Lars was as he was where the party was being held.


Upon arrival on the cinema rooftop, I was immediately welcome by Lars as you can see above. I couldn't see him oddly enough though, but I wanted to explore the area anyways. Oh yeah, you can see someone standing behind me wearing one of the mentioned Spirit masks there.

Shortly afterwards, quite a lot of people turned up as you can see above and flocked in front of the billboard nearby, which would soon become quite significant...


As you can see above, the party suddenly got into swing and almost everyone started dancing with some music playing of course. The guy in the middle 50 Globals (Nice Twinity based pun there), was the DJ and begun asking people for their music requests. Things didn't go so well from there though, as seeing as I don't know how to "dance", I thought to ask the people there...only to be completely blanked! I wasn't exactly happy about that..so I thought sod them, and decided to explore the area and see what I could find.


I decided to examine the billboard nearby, and discovered something pretty nifty as a result. As you can from the above screenshot, a page from the website "Youtube" has been embedded into the billboard, and seeing as there is a video on it on autoplay, it automatically provided the music for the party! That was a pretty impressive idea there, I never though of using the embedding feature of billboards like that, me likey a lot lol. Unfortunately the song playing was Men In Black, the song is great but this version of it wasn't...It was by some band called "Forever the Sickest Kids" (They sound like a "nice" group), and their cover of the Will Smith classis was a weird hybrid of rap and metal 0_0...It wasn't to my tastes at all, the original version is definitely the best =].
Also whilst exploring around, I noticed the huge promotional advertising sign for Spirit adorned on the rooftop of a nearby building, which was a pretty cool find, as it suits the surroundings well. By the way, if you like at 50 Globals in this screenshot above, it kinda looks like Superman when he's about to fly off, or failing that, he might have spotted a missile coming towards him XD.
Anyways, I decided to call it a day from this point, due to my shallow and limited experience today, hopefully my next visit will be more eventful. If there's one thing Twinity does right, it's that it does some damn impressive scenery work and such neways.

No comments: