Thursday 12 February 2009

Anime Conventions And All That

Recently, I was shown the website to an anime convention being held at DeMontfort University in Leicester by a friend of mine from Youtube. Being very keen on anime and manga of course, I've already signed myself up for it and it will be held during September 4th to the 6th this year. I think this will be a fantastic venture for me anyways, as I will get to meet the guy behind the Yu-gi-oh Abridged series, which is a fan dub of an anime series called Yu-gi-oh, and it's freaking hilarious!^^ Im quite a big fan of him anyways, especially since he does all teh individual voices himself, which is even more shocking when you realise that the voices he does almost sound exactly like the vocie actors from the english dub of the anime!

I will also get to meet a female samurai descended from a long line of samurais in her family, spanning many generations! There are millions of things to do there, I won't list them due to the excessive number of things to do, but you can easily access it via the website.

Anyways, I've been planning to have my Phoenix Wrong videos shown off at a convention recently, and amazingly, my friend suddenly showed me this withotu having any idea of what I wanted to do! I've decided that I want to feature my work there if possible as the Phoenix Wright series is done in the traditional manga style, and does have it's own manga series now too. They only have 2 guests featuring at the convention at the moment, and they want at least 5, so I'm really hoping that they will let me be part of it too, it would be an extremely helpful, amazing and generally spirit lifting devleopment! I'll let you know in the future what happens with this neways, wish me luck!

The link to the website is: www.alcon.org.uk

No comments: