Sunday 29 March 2009

Drawings Update 29/03/09


This first drawing is of Sadaharu, a giant alien dog from the anime and manga series, Gin Tama. The picture was done in an orthographic style with 3 different views of him, hence I found it quite useful to draw as draing from different angles is one of my weaknesses.

This next drawing is of the Akatsuki leader from the Naruto Shippuuden anime and manga series, Tobi or his true name Madara Uchiha. He's one of my fave characters in the series with a really goofy personality that also really matches mine well and a brilliant voice actor to boot. I decided to colour this one on a whim and it soon caught on for me after it was done. It did turn out pretty well and now I aim to colour each new drawing when I do one if possible.

And this next drawing is of one of my most favourite characters in general from a game as well as an anime and manga series now, Sheena Fuyibashi. She is from Tales of Symphonia and she's another character who I adore for her personality, but I love her clothes too, especially since they are a kunoichi (female ninja) style. If you can, open the image in a new tab or window to see it in it's true quality and size :P.
This drawing is of an "legendary" character from the Zelda CD-I games called "The King". He never had a name as far as I know, that's how he is always referred to, the poor guy. The games are spoofed immensely because of how cheesy and childish they were, and the King with his extremely "memorable" quotes has become a huge internet phenomenon and gets parodied all the time. The writing in the picture is his most famous catchprase and it is abused a lot, people just love to say it, the man has been a massive influence but not for the reasons he was intended to be I dont think xD.

Finally, we get to the drawing I did a little earlier. This one is of Rangiku Matsumoto from the anime and manga series, Bleach. I absolutely love the chibi style of drawing and wanted to learn how to and master drawing with it, hence this picture was ideal for me, and it has turned out fantastic in my opinion! :D I particularly love how well I managed to colour it and replicate the original picture it was based on, even though this was a trace =/. I am doing drawings on a daily basis now, hence I will be blogging on them more frequently as I'm doing at least 5 drawings a week now :P.

No comments: