Wednesday 11 March 2009

Drawings Update 11/03/09

Blimey, it has been a fair while since I last posted, but I have got some more drawings to show off. These were all done specifically for the Identities project, with the the 3D avatar in mind of course:

Photobucket
This drawing is off a new character I invented through total randomness XD. Im a massive fan of Ninjas and Meerkats, and I felt like combining them for some reason lolol. This is a basic sketch of what Id like my Ninja Meerkat character to look like anyways. I used a photo of a meerkat as inspiration and guidelines for this sketch. Ideally, I want him to be the pet of my main 3D avatar, although hes fine to be a stand alone character too.

PhotobucketPhotobucket



Photobucket
With these pictures, I wanted to create a 3D avatar version of Jeffrey the Seal who's a character invented during the editing of my version of my group's one shot film lol. He started off an as ordinary imaginary character in the film, but I dubbed it with seal sound effects and thus Jeffey the Seal was born due to that XD. To produce these drawings, I bought some ceramic seals from the charity shop I work at, and I took photos of them, and used photos for one of them as the basis for the drawings. As you can see above, I took photos in an orthographic style, hence I have drawings of the Top, Left and Front views of Jeffrey as a result. I'm going to use these to help model the 3D version of Jeffrey neways.
Photobucket

Photobucket
If you've been following my 3D avatar diaries, then you should know who this fellow is^^. It's my character from IMVU, KrazyKakashi! Its the avatar I also want to recreate in my 3D avatar work for the Identities project, as the two different oufits there both contain the exact elements of how I'd love my ideal self to be! Anyways, to help with recreating my avtar from IMVU in 3DS Max, I thought I'd take screenshots of both outfits and draw them out, so I could look at them whilst I'm sculpting the avatar in 3DS. These were tough to do, as the quality of the screenshots (due to the quality of the game) weren't fanatstic and looked fairly horrid when imported into Manga Studio, it made zooming in difficult as a consequence, but I finally managed to draw them in the end. I drew basic versions of them by the way due to this problem as the finer details were much harder to see as well, but these will do perfectly fine for my 3D avatar, although the wings may benefit from some added detail.

No comments: