Sunday 12 April 2009

Identities Box Project Update: Final Concept and Construction

With my Identities Box project so far, I havent got as much done as I would have liked to ideally. My concept for it is finally solidified now though, and Ive chosen how the box will be and the 5 elements that will form it.

With the core of the box, I have decided to go for the idea of the manga books on a table as I've learned how to build everything I need for that with 3DS Max now, and I can use Manga Studio to greatly assist me with it too. I'm not making the conents of the books interactive anymore, I believe that I definitely don't have enough time left to do that, but each book will still contain one of the 5 elemements.

My logo has already been built, and I'm currently building the 3D avatar now. I've endured weeks of frustration on how to use 3DS Max and modelling my character, but the penny has finally dropped and I know now what Im doing hence Im trying to make up for lost time now. The avatar will be a merge of the two outfits I showed for my character from IMVU, and if I do get time somehow, I'll try to model the secondary avatars as well, who are going to acts as pets for my main avatar.

The audio-visual element is going to be based on the tributes I do to the fan created parody series of the Phoenix Wright games, Phoenix Wrongs. I'm currently developing a video of my greatest sketches out of all 12 of the videos I've made so far and I may make it longer than the (just under) 10 mins that I usually do depending on how it goes.

My 4th element has finally been sorted on what it is going to be. It's going to be two seperate videos, included as one video, as I would like to have both videos in the project to be honest. The first video wil be a stop motion animation of a wooden mannequin I have dancing to different songs, or maybe just one depending on how long it takes to do all the photo shooting. The other video I will be submitting will be a whiteboard animation, but I'm throwing in a little twist on it. I own several whiteboards due to buying a bundle off them instead of 1 by accident on a website, and hence I thought Id make the most of them. Im going to have them arranged in a horizontal row and basically, imagine an animation starting on the leftmost board like someone kicking a ball. After he kicks it, I can use the whiteboards to show the ball traversing from one whiteboard to another as it flies to the right, getting larger on each board until it hits something or someone. I believe if I manage to execute this well enough, it will be a highly impressive video to watch :P.

And finally, the 5th element is going to be a slideshow of my drawings I have done, since I started using my graphics tablet to the last one I did, just before I made the slidehow.I've got an insane to impossible amount to get done in the time I have left, so Im currently trying to get as much done as possible whilst actually staying calm for the most part. One of my biggest weakenesses is how much I panic over things like unfamiliar new situations with high risks like exams and also nearing deadlines for projects, but I'm slowly learning to be calmer and more composed and focused now with them. Im not letting myself go into a panic frenzy like I usually do, I will get as much I physically can get done with this project and I for once, will be happy with what I managed to achieve regardless.

No comments: