Saturday 18 April 2009

Drawings Update 18/04/09

In the first drawing for today's list, I wanted to do some more sketches of human faces hence I picked out a random picture I had, and Mr Bean was the one I got. I found the picture ideal to draw from and the result of it is above. I kept it greyscale rather than colour because I prefer it this way for this drawing, and I also used the premade tones in Manga Studio again for the clothes in this sketch. It's a pretty pleasing result anyways and its slowly helping my confidence with drawing humans now.
This next drawing is actually a sketch my friend Tebby did for me. He wanted to test out my inking and digital colouring skills, so he drew me a sketch of a character he made up on the spot and handed it for me to turn into what you see now. All I did was ink the drawing after scanning it in and added colour to it using a colour scheme I felt was perfect fort his character after lots of experimentation.
He's going to be one of the main characters in the manga me and Tebby are going to be working on and we haven't decided on any other specifics like his name, but I think I have a good idea of how I'd like him to be in personality.

This next drawing is of Shigure Sohma from the anime and manga series Fruits Basket. I'm a big fan of his character because he is always very goofy and outgoing but he does have his serious side as well which seldom appears in contrast to his outer personality. I couldn't quite find the pattern I chose for the background with dogs in it, but I loved the style of it so I used it anyways. The style of the background is very similar to the artist's drawing style hence I felt it suited this character to a T.

This next drawing is of Ranma Saotome from the much loved and highly inspirational manga and anime series Ranma 1/2. The manga artist is considered a living legend partly because of this series and many anime have been inspired by it in many ways. Here's a twist for you though, Ranma is actually a boy but he a curse put on him and now he transforms into a girl when splashed with cold water, and back into his boy self when it's hot water. I love the colour scheme and the design of the female Ranma hence I wanted to draw "her" and I gave her a background to suit her beauty as well. Since I love the colour scheme so much, colouring this drawing was an absolute must and you can see the awesome results above :D.

This next drawing is of Roy Mustang from the Full Metal Alchemist anime and manga series. I'm quite a big fan of his personality as well as him being the Flame Alchemist in the show wo produces flames from just clicking his fingers, which is so simple but very effective and impressive. Again I chose greyscale as I favoured it for this drawing too, and I used a premade tone for the background. I'm not exactly sure why I choose colour for some drawings but greyscale for some others, I'm just weird like that XD.


Finally, this next drawing is from the same series FMA, but there's a twist. The series just got remade to match the storyline of the original manga series instead of following it's own storyline and it currently has aired it's second episode now. The author has changed his drawing style slightly in the remake making one of the 2 main antonganists Edward (pictured above) look more mature and hardended but the series still does have plenty of goofy moments with exaggerated, comedic expressions and poses. Due to the altered drawing style, I thought I'd do a sketch of the 2 main antoganists Edward and Alphonse Elric as you can see above. I did the drawing in 3 sessions over 3 days and as you can see, I accidentally did Alphonse with a thicker, darker brush setting but I think it works well in some ways now xD. I'm still currently debating whether to colour it or keept it greyscale, or just to leave it as is even.

No comments: