Friday 20 November 2009

Disaster Looming

I should have good news to report but I'm afraid I don't really. Just earlier this week, I discovered I have 2 separate viral infections to fight off and I've been off uni again for the whole week due to being severely ill.
Due to my condition, I've been unable to work as well. 3DS Max finally arrived on Tuesday but I feel so crap it's difficult to work. I have insomnia again and my stress really is peaking, I'm going to have to go back to counselling to be truly honest.
As it stands, I don't have anything built for the rollercoaster project. I've modelled a bit of water, island and city but thats it. I'm still kind of figuring out how to build parts of it.
With the robot animation project I am fine thanks to Andy's completed file but I need to animate it. That's the problem, I'm struggling to animate it as I missed the seminar on it. I can understand what we need to do, but I'm having problems posing the robot right to begin with hence I'm already sunk and stuck.
I'm stressed out as high hell at the moment, my sleeping pattern and diet are destroyed again and my deadlines are less than 3 weeks away now, I'm terrified.
On the upside, I've rung the office and after messages were passed on, I got emailed by Jools asking for me to book a surgery as soon as I can, although I think I'm going to need a voodoo ritual to resurrect me after these projects are over xD.
I need to speak to my tutors for Virtual asap but it's going to be hell trying to go to uni in my state, I may email them and hope to get a response. I already emailed Andy so he's up to date, it's just contacting Simon now.
There's a reason I haven't mentioned Games Design yet and it's actually my shred of good news amongst the hell...
I've completed the project! Just typed up my foreword and rules for it, and it's all set to be handed in whenever. I wanted to write an evaluation for it tbh, the lack of an offline journal is a problem and I need to rectify that before I hand it in although I have plenty of time.
This project has gone amazingly well for a change but it seems too good to be true although it's my ray of hope in all this darkness right now.
But yeah, I wanted to show my ambitions with the project and how versatile it is, I couldn't really as I already hit the 1 page limit for both the foreword and rules but ah well, this should be good enough hopefully.
I'm really excited about the card game project and hope it does do well otherwise I will cry D:.
I'm going to get extensions for the other 2 projects, I'm going to need to hand them in after the holidays if possible, my illness isn't exactly going away quickly and I even had swine flu scares and being rushed to A and E for nothing so my stress is being intensified hugely by the illness alone right now :(.

No comments: